20 January 2012

On the way to the Osaka Castle 大坂城

Yesterday I spent all day wandering Osaka, and boy you've got lots of places to go and visit. I took so many photos that I had to come back to the hostel and save all pictures on my laptop and go out again. That was only around 1300 but I can't complain - actually I don't - I'm loving it.


View Larger Map
Today, I decided to head towards the Osaka Castle - from where I'm staying it's a nice walk - people at the hostel looked at me with funny (manga) eyes [no offence]- The walk was approximately an hour and 30 mins but I stopped many times, more than I can't remember.




I saw something quite interesting that I was not expecting to see, especially when I picture Japan as the perfect country where everyone follows the rule. In one of the, I guess, busiest roads in Osaka a homeless man carrying stuff was crossing the street as if no car would pass near him. Well, I was wrong, that man was an expert and he crossed with style avoiding the traffic, I rate him for his great achievement.

Can collector in Osaka
Pedestrian cross - sorry what's that?


However, today the visit to the Osaka Castle or Osaka-jo 大坂城 was a great experience. The whole castle is amazing. The surroundings not that much but you can see the massive NHK Osaka branch office, and it's quite impressive.

NHK Osaka
Red leaves in December? It's got to be Japan ^_^


If you walk around it and then head towards the castle is not that bad. There are a lot of people who were working out along a great path that goes around the castle. Once inside the castle walls and in front the Castle you said "Wow, this is beautiful". Especially, when you've seen so many pictures of it. The castle has a vast historic collection of different items inside and if you're like me - a Japanese culture lover - I'm quite sure you'll enjoy the tour around. I recommend you to get a tour guide gadget in English (or whatever your language is). Sadly, many parts of the castle do not have a translation. I missed many things simply because I was not able to understand. 

side view of the Osaka Castle - 大坂城
side view of the Osaka Castle - 大坂城

    tip of the day: do not rely on your credit/debit card - carry cash at all times! learnt it the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment