19 January 2012

Breakfast in Osaka

onigiri in Osaka
Konbini Onigiri (rice balls)
Second day in Japan and I didn't feel like having a tea at the hostel so I decided to take a shower, dress up and hit to road. Luckily , Hostel 64, the place I'm staying is fairly close to a convenient shop called Family Mart.

My first thought was "how am I suppose to eat this?" well people I felt like a tarzan coming to the civilised world, because I couldn't open it and the whole nori fell apart. However, can you see the number 1 on the tip of the envelope......right.... you're suppose to pull it that down and then follow the instructions on the bottom of the onigiri. Seriously, it's not rocket science but it took me 20 minutes and a good piece of nori to understand the process...lesson learnt.




japanese convient store food
Rice for breakfast - that's a must!


I was sooo thirsty that in the end I ended up drinking a peach juice and I also bought a Shizuoka Tea and it ended up being quite refreshing and delicious.

shizuoka japanese green tea
Green tea from Shizuoka - I MISS IT!


You have plenty of teas in Japan and to be honest if you come and stay 3 weeks in Japan you should defo try each of them at least once. So far, this one has been quite good - looking forward to try the rest.

In only 48 hrs in Japan I've noticed that most Japanese people do not enjoy a proper breakfast. Needless to say I normally have a 1 hour and a half breakfast everyday before going to work. So today I've decided to go on the cheap and try the convenient onigiri. 

So anyway, here's a look of what I found when I went to the drinks. They even have hot drinks. Perhaps, I've been living in Malta for to long but I can't recall having seen this in London 2 years ago.

cold and hot japanese drinks


green tea ice cream haagen dazs
Green tea - Haagen Dazs


Now, off the street and explore more about Osaka

No comments:

Post a Comment